BUP Mobility Grant 2023
The aim with the BUP Mobility Grant is to develop and strengthen the cooperation among young researchers in the Baltic Sea Region. The grants are intended to support young scholars from BUP participating universities in their research on sustainable development.
The grants are aimed at young researchers which means researchers who finished their PhD in the past 5 years.
- The BUP Mobility Grant is open to scholars from all BUP participating universities.
- The applications can be made for the funding of new research projects (in whole or in part), or as a financial contribution to ongoing ones - as far as the applicant stay at another university in the Baltic Sea Region during the mobility grant period. The idea is that the grant will cover travel and accommodation which will be handled by the BUP Coordinating Secretariat in Uppsala.
- Applicants representing any discipline are welcome to apply.
- The proposed research project needs to be directly connected to the field of sustainable development and the Baltic Sea Region.
The awarded maximum is a total value of 3000 Euros. A report from the grant receivers should be sent to the BUP Coordinating Secretariat no later than three month after ended mobility grant period. The applications will be assessed by the BUP Scientific Committee according to the following criteria:
- Originality: The degree to which the proposed project is pointing to new, original ideas in sustainability; grasping and developing the concept of sustainable development in unique and unexpected directions.
- A statement of your plan for cooperation with the host university while staying there as a guest researcher, and if relevant, cooperation also with other partners in the Baltic Sea Region.
- Although inter-disciplinarily is not a strict requirement, projects deemed to have a potential of crossing traditional disciplinary boundaries, especially the division line between social and natural science and technology will attract special attention in the evaluation.
- The project has a focus on the Baltic Sea Region.
We welcome applications from young scholars at BUP participating universities according to the above stated criteria.
The application has to contain an invitation letter from the hosting university as well as a short CV of the applicant. The time period spent at the hosting university is a minimum of one month.
The BUP Coordinating Secretariat will get back to the applicants with a decision at the latest 15 August 2023.
The suggested project has to be carried out between October 2023 and December 2025.
The last application day is 28 May 2023.
More information and contact
If you have any questions feel free to contact the BUP Coordinating Secretariat via email@example.com