BUP Mobility Research Grant 2019
The BUP Mobility Grant Programme for Young Researchers
It is our pleasure to announce the BUP Mobility Research Grant 2019. The aim with the Mobility Research Grant is to develop and strengthen the cooperation among young researchers in the Baltic Sea Region. The grant is intended to support young scholars from BUP Member Universities in their research on sustainable development. The grant winner will be invited to present the research at a BUP conference or other event. This will be an opportunity to disseminate results, ideas and to create intra-network cooperation.
Please observe, that the grant is aimed at young researchers which means that for a post-doc, not more that 7 years should have passed since the dissertation.
Deadline for applications: 31st October 2019.
- The Mobility Research Grant is open to PhD students and Postdoc scholars from all BUP Member Universities;
- The applications can be made for the mobility funding of new research projects (in whole or in part), or as a financial contribution to ongoing ones - as far as the applicant stay at another university in the Baltic Sea region during the mobility grant period. The idea is that the grant will cover travel and accommodation which will be handled by the BUP coordinating secretariat in Uppsala.
- Applicants representing any discipline are welcome to apply;
- The proposed research project needs to be directly connected to the field of sustainable development and the Baltic Sea region.
A limited number of contributions will be awarded to a maximum total value of 3,000 Euros. The Mobility Grant period should end no later than the 31st of December 2020. A report from the grant receiver should be sent to the BUP coordinating secretariat no later than 3 month after ended mobility grant period. The applications will be assessed by the Baltic University Scientific Committee according to the following criteria:
- Originality: The degree to which the proposed project is pointing to new, original ideas in sustainability; grasping and developing the concept of sustainable development in unique and unexpected directions;
- A statement of your plan for cooperation with the host university while staying there as a guest researcher, and if relevant, cooperation also with other partners in the Baltic Sea region;
- Although inter-disciplinarily is not a strict requirement, projects deemed to have a potential of crossing traditional disciplinary boundaries, especially the division line between social and natural science and technology will attract special attention in the evaluation;
- Project has focus on the Baltic Sea region;
- The time period spend at the hosting university is minimum one month.
- An invitation letter from the hosting university is required.
The deadline for applications is 31st of October 2019. A signed Application Form including all attachments is to be scanned and sent by email to Christian Andersson at the BUP coordinating secretariat.
Download the Announcement: The BUP Mobility Grant for Young Researchers.
Director, Ph.D. Associate Professor
The Baltic University Programme
Villavägen 16, SE-752 36 Uppsala, Sweden
ph: +46-18-471 6853