Meaning in Translation: Illusion of Precision
The Faculty of E-Learning Technologies and Humanities of Riga Technical University is organizing the 4th international scientific conference “Meaning in Translation: Illusion of Precision” that will be held in Riga from 27 to 29 May 2020. This time the focus is on Translation Studies in the Era of Digital Humanities.
The conference will bring linguists, specialists in digital humanities, researchers, translators, students and language policy makers together to create a platform for dynamic and constructive debate, networking and research initiation.
We invite proposals in English, French, German or Latvian, for papers that are related, but not limited, to the following themes:
- Scientific and technical discourse;
- Translator teaching and translator training;
- Translation in the digital age;
- Digital humanities;
- Cognitive processes underlying the process of translation;
- Semantic and pragmatic aspects of translation;
- Metaphor, metonymy, blends and other forms of figurative language in translation;
- Text/corpus linguistics;
- Scientific writing;
- Language acquisition;
- Aspects of LSP translation;
- Translation of multimodal texts;
- Language service provision;
- Sustainable development in humanities.
The deadline for proposal submission in 29 February 2020.
Please visit the conference home page for more information.
Latest BUP News
BUP Symposium 2020.
Welcome to the BUP Symposium 2020. This wil be:
- an opportunity to meet colleagues
- an arena where to discuss research
- an opportunity to disseminate and take part of new knowledge and
- an opportunity to get published and spread research in the BUP
Research Notes Letter 3/2019
To highlight some of the research that is carried out in and on the Baltic Sea Region we publish The Research Notes Letter.
Sustainability Collection: some recent papers available
The Baltic Research and Publications Programme (BUPRaP) is pleased to make a set of recently published papers available for wide use. They are:
Call for Interests: 2nd Workshop on the Environmental Impact and Economic Sustainability of Nord Stream 2 and Other Sub-Marine Natural Gas Pipelines
The IUSDRP are currently planning the "2nd Workshop on the Environmental Impact and Economic Sustainability of Nord Stream 2 and Other Sub-Marine Natural Gas Pipelines". The event will be held in, Lviv, Ukraine, on 13th-14th May 2020. It is organised by the Ukraine National Forestry University and the Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme.