Social Sustainability - why and how?
In the sixth session of the seminar series "Space Bridges 2.0", we will focus on why and how social sustainability can be considered. The session will use the the Finnish discussion method Timeout to spark the discussion.
In this session of the seminar series ”Space Bridges 2.0” our focus will be on social sustainability and why it matters to us. This interactive session will offer each participant an opportunity to take part in a Timeout-discussion. Timeout is a dialogue method that has been designed to facilitate constructive discussions. Join us to experience this new method and learn to understand social sustainability better at the same time!
- Welcoming notes by National Centre Director, Cecilia Lundberg
- What is a Timeout-dialogue and why has this method been developed? - Laura Arikka, CEO, Timeout Foundation
- Social sustainability – introductory remarks by Annina Kainu
- Timeout-discussion on What is social sustainability and why it matters?
- What do we take with us from the discussion
- Thoughts on Timeout, Q&A
- Concluding remarks
What is Timeout?
Timeout is a method to have a constructive dialogue and making use of other poeople's learning experience. It is especially useful for discussions between people from different backgrounds. The aim is not so much consensus as understanding other perspectives.
Find out more about the Timeout method on the Timeout website.
Date and time: 16 September 2021, 14.00-16.00 (CEST)
Host: Åbo Akademi University, Finland
Co-Host: Uppsala University, Sweden
Open for: Public
CEO, Timeout Foundation
Centre for Lifelong Learning, Abo Akademi University
National Centre Director of the BUP in Finland
PhD, Educational Planner, Åbo Akademi University