The BUP Symposium 2022
The Symposium 2022 will be held 8-9 November online via Zoom.
The Symposium is a platform where the regional educational and research communities can get together and get to know their colleagues at participating universities of The Baltic University Programme (BUP). The Symposium is an arena where you can disseminate recent research and where new discussions and collaborations can begin. We are challenging researchers from different disciplines with an interest in the Baltic Sea Region as an empirical field to discuss Sustainable Development in the Baltic Sea Region. We focus on research having an inter-/multi disciplinary approach.
During the Symposium last year there was a focus on networking and collaboration which will be even more present during the Symposium 2022.
Day 1 will feature oral presentations from researchers from BUP participating universities in the Baltic Sea Region. The presentations will be sorted within the BUP themes.
Day 2 will feature sessions that focuses on research matchmaking. Those that attend will get to share new research and project ideas as well as search for new project partners.
The date of the BUP Symposium is 8-9 November 2022.
To make the Symposium accessible to as many colleagues as possible we will hold it as a virtual symposium. To participate in the Symposium, prior registration is required. Keynote speakers and research presentations will be organised as webinars.
Scientific committees will evaluate and consider submitted abstracts for oral presentations, and will choose to bring forward the ones that meet the criteria.
A program for the Symposium will be available in the autumn, after submissions for presentations have been processed.
- Date: 8-9 November 2022
- Location: Online via Zoom
- Setup: Theme sessions & future research
- Outreach: Publishing opportunities
- Fee: No charges
During the Symposium we will have theme sessions connected to the BUP Themes. The panels will be held online using the Zoom software.
- Climate Change.
- Energy Systems.
- Sustainable Societies.
- Sustainable Water Resources.
- Urban-Rural Development.
- Sustainable Mobility.
- Circular Economy.
- Sustainable Tourism.
- Education for Sustainable Development (ESD).
- Sustainable Food Systems.
Symposium publishing opportunities
Full papers in special issues. Presenters will be invited to contribute with a full paper in the scientific journal Sustainability:
- Special Issue "Challenges and Possibilities for Sustainable Development in a Baltic Sea Region context – Volume 2 ”. The BUP host this special issue and have the possibility to support about 5 of the best papers for free publication. Guest editors are Madeleine Granvik and Walter Leal. Click here to read more about the Special Issue.
- Special Issue "Interdisciplinary Perspectives of Climate Change in the Baltic Sea Region". The BUP host this special issue and have the possibility to support about 5 of the best papers for free publication. Guest editors are Madeleine Granvik and Aistė Balžekienė. Click here to read more about the Special Issue.
Book of Abstracts. A digital compilation of abstracts over presented research at the BUP Symposium 2021. It reflects the abstracts from oral presentations held at the symposium and include contact information of the presenting person.
Inspiration from previous Symposiums
If you are interested in the outcome of the last two BUP Symposiums or if you are perhaps just looking for inspiration for this years Symposium you can find more information about our past events on our website.
Click here to read more about the focus and outcomes of the Symposium 2021.