BUP student conference: Environment and Well-being
The Baltic University Programme (BUP) and the University of Ostrava are pleased to announce an upcoming student conference: Environment and Well-being: a joint venture of technology, sciences, and humanities. The student conference will take place between 6-9 December in Ostrava, Czech Republic and will be based in this fascinating city as well as its surroundings. Accepted students will be immersed in a range of activities including workshops, study visits, and lectures focused on various topics including well-being, sustainability, the environment, and post-industrial urbanism.
This student conference is free of charge and applications are open for students at all levels (Bachelor, Master, and PhD) at BUP participating universities. In total, 40 students from BUP participating universities will be selected to take part. The BUP accepts students from all kinds of study programs and no pre-knowledge is required.
This conference focuses on the following UN Sustainable Development Goals:
Topic and program
The program for this conference has been put together by the Czech National BUP Centre based at the University of Ostrava and has been specifically developed with the Czech Technical University in Prague and VSB Technical University in Ostrava to provide a strong Czech impetus and context.
Please note that this program is a draft and may be subject to change/alteration.
The goal of the event is to:
- Improve the knowledge of students around the key topics of this conference: Environment and Well-Being: a joint venture of technology, sciences, and humanities.
- Promote and encourage stimulating discussions between students and staff members especially around the relevance of the topic for the everyday.
- Discover and learn more about the city of Ostrava, its historical context and current situation, as well as a Czech context on the highlighted topics.
- Build skills in intercultural and interdisciplinary cooperation.
Students who complete the student conference will be rewarded with a certificate. The organisers cannot grant ECTS for the conference, but we encourage students to talk to their home departments, to see if they can convert the certificate to credits.
Accepted students will participate in the event for free and no fees apply. However, each student has to fund their travels to and from Ostrava by themselves.
Accommodation and food
Accepted students will be accommodated in Ostrava in shared rooms and all meals will be provided from the evening of 6 December to breakfast on 9 December.
Selection of students
After the application deadline on 29 October 2023, The Baltic University Programme’s Coordinating Secretariat and the BUP National Centres will select the students based on their motivation, background, and field of study. Selected students will be offered a place to attend the conference, whilst other students will be automatically placed on a waiting list. At the latest of 6 November 2023, all students who have applied will have been contacted.
- Date: 6-9 December 2023
- Location: Ostrava, Czech Republic
- Application deadline: 29 October 2023 23:59 (CET)
- Open for all students at BUP participating universities
- Maximum number of participating students is 40
- Free of charge
- Hosted by University of Ostrava and the BUP Coordinating Secretariat
We welcome you to share information about the BUP student conference: Environment and Well-being and invite you to use our marketing material which can be found here: Google Drive with marketing material for the BUP student conference: Environment and Well-being.
Contact and more information
If you have any questions or want more information, you are most welcome to contact the organising team.