How to Become a BUP Participating University
The Baltic University Programme offers a unique range of activities that echoes the challenges facing our societies today. We have developed themes around which we gather and feature information on the focus areas of the Programme. The Programme creates a rich learning environment with teacher, research, and student conferences. The regional perspective is highlighted and the approach is mainly interdisciplinary.
From 2016 and onward, the Baltic University Programme is an organisation with participating universities, coming together to promote internationalisation with a focus on sustainability and democracy. We welcome universities from countries situated in the drainage area of the Baltic Sea to become participating universities in our programme. Reserchers, teachers and students from the participating universities will not only have priority to take part in all BUP activities, but will get access to the following without any extra cost. BUP participation includes:
- Conferences for university teachers
- PhD students training
- Conferences and seminars for researchers
- Conferences for Master and Bachelor students
- Summer courses for Master and Bachelor students
- The conference SAIL on a tall ship, both for students and teachers
- Application for Mobility Grant for young researchers
- Application for the PhD Award
- Rectors Conference every third year
Our hope is that our Programme will lead to more visibility and cooperation among researchers, teachers and students. We also hope that we will foster a greater awareness on sustainability and democracy issues as well as facilitate exchange and mobility. In turn, we believe that this leads to more common projects and more success in funding and publications.
Seven added values to any university who is a BUP participating university:
- BUP is internationalisation in practice
- BUP supports the mobility of academic teachers, students and researchers
- BUP supports research cooperation
- BUP supports implementation of Education fo Sustainable Development (ESD)
- BUP strives to develop innovative teaching methods
- BUP has a multi- and interdisciplinary approach
- Friendships, knowledge and understanding between people and cultures
How to become a BUP Participating University
The procedure to become a BUP Participating University is simple, just follow these steps:
- Contact the Baltic University Programme’s Coordinating Secretariat to let us know that your university is interested in joning the Programme.
- Your university and the Baltic University Programme agrees upon a contract.
- Your university then signs (represented by the rector) the agreement in two copies. Both copies are sent to BUP coordinating secretariat in Uppsala.
- The rector of Uppsala University signs the agreement.
- The BUP Coordinating Secretariat returns the signed copy to your university together with an invoice for the annual contribution (1000 Euro).
- Your university officially becomes a BUP participating university when the contribution is received.
After this, your university can partake in BUP activities.
We welcome any comments or questions about membership with the BUP. Please contact the BUP Coordinating Secretariat!