- The BUP announces the PhD Award 2024-02-22
- The BUP announces the Mobility Grant 2024-02-08
- Submit an abstract to the Research Notes Letter 2024-02-08
- The BUP Student Conference 2024 2024-01-18
- BUPRaP doctoral fellowship 2023-12-12
- 100 participating universities and record applications 2023-12-08
- The BUP announces Master Thesis Training 2023-11-30
- New educational and pedagogical opportunity 2023-11-23
- New Centre Director in Latvia 2023-11-22
- The BUP announces supervisor training programme 2023-11-06
The BUP Course Platform
Welcome to us
The Baltic University Programme (BUP) is a lively network of about 100 universities located in 10 countries of the Baltic Sea Water Catchment Area. It started in 1991 as an enthusiastic effort to bridge the information divide left by the Iron Curtain and has been growing ever since. Thirty years of a fruitful cooperation later, the BUP and its mission can hardly be more topical: a sustainable development of the Baltic Sea Region.
The BUP supports cooperation among researchers, teachers, and students from the participating universities, but extends as well to international offices and other university bodies. It also assists university leaderships in strategic issues related to internationalisation. As they share similar experiences and face similar challenges – global as well as specific to the region – the participants actively pool their knowledge and find innovative ways of promoting and implementing sustainability in their region.
Introduction video about the BUP
The BUP supports research, cooperation and Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in a Baltic Sea Region context, to aid the achievement of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Academia and research community constitute a very important group of stakeholders who can strongly support the achievement of the SDGs. Whether it is at the global, regional or local level, universities can contribute in multiple ways. This is through knowledge generation, innovations, data, technical analysis, and above all through training the next generation of students in building a sustainable future.