The course material consists of 10 booklets (available in English, Latvian, Polish, and Russian).
- The road towards sustainability – a historical perspective
- Energy – from fossil fuels to sustainable energy resources
- Man and materials flows – towards sustainable materials management
- Food and fibres – sustainable agriculture, forestry and fishery
- Sustainable industrial production – waste minimization, cleaner technology and industrial ecology
- Towards sustainable mobility – transporting people and goods in the Baltic Region
- Community development – sustainable cities and habitation
- Ecological Economics – Markets, prices and budgets in a sustainable society
- The foundations of sustainable development – ethics, law, culture and the physical boundaries
- From intention to action – implementing sustainable development
A series of 10 films on A Sustainable Baltic Region, called Mission Possible.
From 2013 an updated and online version of the course material is available as
BUP Sustainable Development Course.
See also the BUP Online Publications.