BUP Mobility Grant 2018
The Baltic University Programme Secretariat
Uppsala, 14 May 2018
The BUP Travel Grant Programme for Young Researchers
It is our pleasure to announce the Mobility Research Grant Programme 2018 within the Baltic University Programme. The main aim with the Mobility Grant is to develop and strengthen the co-operation among young researchers in the Baltic Sea Region. The grant is intended to support young scholars from BUP member universities who´s research promote sustainable development. The grant winner will be invited to present the research at a BUP conference, as an opportunity to disseminate results, ideas and create intra-network co-operation.
Please also observe, that the grant is aimed at young researchers which means that for a post-doc, not more that 7 years should have passed since the dissertation.
Deadline for applications: 31st October 2018.
Applications should be sent by email to Christian Andersson at the BUP coordinating secretariat.
Download the Application Form
- The Travel Grant Programme is open to PhD students and Postdoc scholars from all BUP member universities;
- The applications can be made for the mobility funding of new research projects (in whole or in part), or as a financial contribution to ongoing ones - as far as the applicant stay at another university in the Baltic Sea Region during the Mobility Grant period. The idea is that the grant will cover travel and accommodation which will be handled by the BUP coordinating secretariat in Uppsala.
- Applicants representing any discipline are welcome to apply;
- The proposed research project needs to be directly connected to the field of sustainable development and the Baltic Sea Region.
A limited number of contributions will be awarded to a maximum total value of 3000 Euros. Mobility Grant period should be ended no later than 31 of December 2019. Report from the Grant should be sent no later than 3 month after ended Mobility Grand period. The applications will be assessed by the Baltic University Scientific Committee according to the following criteria:
- Originality: The degree to which the proposed project is pointing to new, original ideas in sustainability; grasping and developing the concept of sustainable development in unique and unexpected directions;
- A statement of your plan for co-operation with the host university while staying there as a guest researcher, and if relevant, co-operation also with other partners in the Baltic Sea region;
- Although inter-disciplinarily is not a strict requirement, projects deemed to have a potential of crossing traditional disciplinary boundaries, especially the division line between social and natural science and technology will attract special attention in the evaluation;
- Project has focus on the Baltic Sea Region;
- The time period spend at the hosting university is minimum one month.
- An invitation letter from the hosting university is required.
The final deadline for applications is 31 of October 2018. The application form is available on the BUP website. Signed Application Form including all attachments is to be scanned and sent electronically to Christian Andersson at the BUP co-ordinating secretariat no later than 31 of October 2018.
Director, Ph.D. Associate Professor
The Baltic University Programme
Villavägen 16, SE-752 36 Uppsala, Sweden
ph: +46-18-471 6853